Saturday 23 June 2007

Love Again

For about a year now I have had a favourite song, 'I Will Learn To Love Again' and it is from my favourite movie, 'The Perfect Man'. The movie is beautiful and makes me walk away feeling happy and as if I can face anything, anything that life throws at me.
During the movie, this song is played where three women, a mum and her two daughters dance around their living room. They are genuienly happy and for once in their life, something is going right and everyone in the family finally agrees on something.

I thought I would post the lyrics of the song. The words illustrate that after hurt in your life, especially in relationships that you can learn to love again. I have gone through hurt in one of my relationships and I know I can love again. However right now I am so happy to cruise along, living life to the maximum, appreciating everyone in my family, enjoying the friendships I hold with people and taking each day as they come.

I am definately still not hurting from that relationship and am well and truly over it, so the inspiration for this being my favourite song has not come from lingering feelings. I have been reflecting recently on my feelings about moving on and wanting so much to learn to love again. When I was going through that hard time, I didn't think I could love anyone ever again. However the strength I continue to gain everyday is helping me and reassuring me that I can infact love again.

I don't know what it is about 'The Perfect Man' that puts me into a great mood and having a positive outlook on life. Maybe all of you out there reading this should sit down and watch this movie, to see if it has the same impact on you.

Well here are the lyrics, enjoy reading...

"I Will Learn To Love Again"
KACI

Drowning in tears that wont be me
I will soon be free from the chains of all this pain inside
And though I cry it wont be long till I regain the strength to know
I can go on
I will find my way through the heart break I will not give up on love
I believe

[Chorus]
I will learn to love again I will learn to trust
Once this heart can start to mend
I will learn to
Learn to love again

All of these tears time will dry them I will survive them
And make it through into another day all of this pain
Time will heal it there’ll be a time sometime I know
I won't feel it
I will live through life without you after the hurting is done
I believe

[Chorus]

I will find someone who deserves my touch after all the hurt is through
I will be so over you I will not give up on love
I believe yeah

[Chorus]

Oh yeah yeah oh oh love again

3 comments:

Jono said...

This song sounds fairly cool. I love the fact that even though all that abd stuff has happened, you're able to, or becoming able to move on. I sometimes has masive issues with letting go of certain things, and know how hard it is to let go. But these things have not necessarily been learning to love again, just learning to do otehr stuff again.
I think it's great that this movie energises you and makes you feel happy. I should watch it. This "perfect guy" sounds hot.

emmalee said...

:]
i downloaded this song. i like it. i especially like it because it is upbeat, and makes you generally believe that you WILL be okay. and that you WILL be able to love again.
its an awesome song :]
i think its awesome you can learn to move on.
xx
em

B.C. said...

The perfect man has webbed feet, wings and an ankylosaurus tail. That way, he can fly, swim, and club to death anybody who stands in his way. Good, yes?

It's great that you get uplifted like this, I have the same feelings from certain things too. One is when people share absolutely openly, with passion. For anything. Like Peter Breen tonight.