Thursday 14 June 2007

First Blog

Well a massive thanks firstly has to go to Jono, who continues to give me distractions, fun and hilarity with the internet, without him I would be studying right now or asleep or bored.

I have never been a fan of Blog sites or publishing Blogs. I never feel comfortable in posting all my inner feelins onto the internet for people to read. I admire people like Ben Chong and Jono Croxford who continue to post comments about different situations and feelings that are occuring in their lives. Some how I don't think I will ever live up to the masters of Blogging, no matter how hard I try, as they are so far ahead in excellence.


I think I will start my blogging career with some personal issues at the moment. My parents are away, they are in Europe. Dad comes back on Monday, however mum is away for another couple of weeks. Basically I am in charge of my house and my two older brothers. Everything has gone wrong with my parents going away and it happens every time.
The first weekend my parents were away Cameron decided that he would have friends over. Well one of the light poles outside were knocked down and are now lying in our garden. That was the first thing I saw as I drove in from State Youth Games. Well the problems continued from there. All the electrical switches in the kitchen and random lights around the house have blown, therefore we had to have take-away for dinner when I got home on Monday night.
Then today after a grueling exam for Uni, I went to check on Ally's bird, Tiki and it was lying dead in the cage. I hadn't checked on the bird for about a week, it had no food, yucky water and the cage was a mess. I was so upset and I had to go tell Ally, who is staying at a friends house while my parents are away.
Seriously this house is in a total mess as soon as mum leaves. Also I love that because I am in charge I have to clean it up and take control otherwise this house would fall apart.

It is full on at the moment, especially with friendships. I was discussing with someone that within our friendship group at church we could seriously create a TV show or a book. Chris has left for America and that is kind of hard to deal with because he is like a mentor, but now he is too far away to have our usual good discussions. However in saying all this, there are so many people still in Australia that I know I can rely on. Just tonight I got calls from four very close people to me and it was great to hear little segments of their lives and discuss stuff about my life. Simon said about a month back that I am so intentional with my relationships and it is true. I struggle just going one day without being in communication with people, which is why I have such a huge phone bill.

Well I have to say that my first blog didn't go so badly. I hope they can become progressively better as time goes on.

3 comments:

Jono said...

Yessss! First comment on Lauren's blog. I am such a champion!
This was a fantastic blog. I am so glad you decided to let me decide for you that you needed to have a blog.
Do not compare yourself with the blog masters, me and Ben, sorry, "Ben and I"! Many of our blogs have less substance than this one you just posted. Good work!
I hope all your issues with your parents being away, and all the stuff that is making lfie full on at the moment quietens down a little bit. BUt not too much, because that would make life boring, yes?
Blog blog blog blog blog.
Jono
ps. I am seriously so excited about this blog. And all blogs.

B.C. said...

Oh Lauren. Let's write that book or film that series, yes?

Blogging isn't so hard. I would find it hard to write substance posts all the time, which is why I write a lot of rubbish.

It's cool that you started your blog with an open post. I know most of these events, but it's great to see and read.

Your phone bill... keep it down missy, or I am STEALING your phone. And make you walk after me up Doncaster Road just to get it back. Watch your back.

Good blog. BANG.

Kyla said...

Nice blog! Yay! I have another blog to check on while I'm meant to be working!
I hope things are going better with your house/brothers. It's hard to cope when you're the only one trying to keep the house looking good!
If you ever need to escape from your brothers or have some real food that you don't have to cook, I have a house now and you're more than welcome at any time!
I'll see you on Sunday!
Kyla xox