Tuesday 28 August 2007

Frustrating

I am really struggling at the moment with finding the balance in how often I can see Jono. Both my parents and Jono's parents are becoming increasingly annoying about the work load for Jono, and it is continually frustrating me and him. This week particularly has been hard, I have had to call off two possible days of seeing him because of my mum not allowing it and it is so frustrating, especially as I have the means to travel there by driving. The temptation is a lot stronger in having a car, as I can be to Jono in 15 minutes, yet I know I would be shot if I left.
I was glad today that I allowed Jono the time to study and get through a lot of his work. I was really proud of him for doing solid hours of work today and also proud of myself for holding back the temptation of driving to see him. I then was invited to dinner tomorrow night, however in telling this to mum, she said I couldn't even though it is just for dinner, nothing else. It isn't to hang out, all I would be doing is going for dinner and leaving straight after, yet I am not even allowed to do that. I also cannot just go and deceive mum, I need to get her permission, but she is persisting with what she has said and I am getting increasingly annoyed about it.

I have been through year 12, I know you have to do a lot of work and it is starting to get to the serious end of the year, but honestly, not allowing me to just go over for dinner is so over protective. I care a lot about Jono and I am not going to distract him from his work, to the point where I am over at his house everyday for an excessive amount of hours. It is so hard to be supportive and say all the write things, like, "it'll be over soon and then we'll have all the time in the world", it is true, but it is so hard. I have been through year 12 with a boyfriend and I know it is difficult, but I am finding it so hard to stick with it and persist with holding back in spending time with Jono. Ah, I am so frustrated and annoyed at the moment and I don't know what to do. I want to throw something or yell at mum, but I know neither of them will work, neither of them will help in getting time with Jono.
I know this is going to get harder as the time goes on, as the work load will only increase, but it is already so hard. So where do I go from here, beg mum to allow me to go for dinner, deceive mum, be patient, throw something, take all my anger out on everyone else in the family (already done this), blog about my frustration (doing it), sit on the phone for hours with Jono. I have no idea what I want to do, all I know is that I want to see Jono without parents breathing down our necks, telling us what to do.
Ah frustration.

1 comment:

Jono said...

I understand the frustration that you are going through. It frusterates me equally, that my parents are so annoying about everything. I could rant on for hours about how annoying it all is, and how my parents, who are meant to be 'caring' and have my 'best intrests at heart', can be causing me so much pain, anger and frustration, and not see that they are driving themselves away from me by their constant nagging and so forth, which I have even spoken to them about, yet they choose to ignore. But I will save it for another time. I will speak to you more about this in person. Until then, know that you, as well as what you said for me, have my full support in this situation, and all others, as it is hard for both of us.