Thursday 9 August 2007

Nightmares Aftermath

The truth is, I am now feeling so encouraged after what happened the other night. All those dreams, the sleepless night, my prayer when everything outside was making me scared and the constant questions that were thrown at me right throughout all the dreams, I now believe was an attack. I was speaking to Sarah Clarke yesterday, who read my blog and an email that I wrote to her because I was so upset and didn't know where else to turn, said that she also thought that what happened to me the other night was an attack.
I came to believe at Hillsong that when you are doing so much good in your life and through your faith, you are sometimes met with obstacles when you are almost there. This friday, I have been given the opportunity to speak to the youth at Doncaster Church of Christ through a devotional. Simon came up with the idea of getting the youth leaders to do a devotional at some of the Youth Group nights and I am up first. I was a little worried about the devotional, but after a great chat to Sarah Clarke, one of my mentors and friends, last Saturday afternoon, I am feeling so calm about it, knowing that God has given me this opportunity, where I can share with the kids part of my faith and allow them to be shown the glory of God.
Therefore the obstacle that I experienced the other night, where I was meant to question my faith, my relationship with Jono and various other friendhsips, within my dreams, I saw that everything in my life at the moment is so right. I am committed to everything, I am persuaded and I believe that I am on a right journey in my life. That attack was meant to hold me back, but all it has done is make me a lot stronger and sure that the things I was meant to question are all right.
I was definately not one that believed in attacks prior to the other night. I have heard a lot about them and I was still really deciding what I thought about them. However particularly through my chat with Sarah, I felt so encouraged and actually excited about my faith and my relationships. I cannot believe I was as strong as I was the other night, especially to pray when there was so much happening outside and feeling like there was so much evil in my room. I am now even more excited about where God is leading me and how he is going to use me especially on Friday night for Youth Group.

3 comments:

Kyla said...

Hey Lauren, it's fantastic that you've been able to learn and grow from this. I love that God can take the horrible experiences and bring good from them. I'm glad you're feeling stronger and I hope that you continue to turn to God and others for support when you're in rough times. If you ever need someone to pray for you, just message me. I'm always up for a good prayer session. God bless

Lauren Pinches said...

Thanks Kyla, it is great to know I have support from you.
God can do some amazing things.

Jono said...

It is so good to hear all this, and that so much crap has been channelled into good, enthusiasm and excitement for you. This ability is very awesome.
I hope you can pull off a fantastic devotional tonight, as I know you can. You are such a strong person of faith, and this experience has only strengthened that, which is so good. I pray that your faith and relationship/trust in God can only continue to grow from here on in. The fact that you feel that your life is going in the right diretion should also be very affirming and encouraging to you, I think. It is good that you feel this way, and are feeling so right about stuff right now. Feeling rihgt is good.
Actually feeling "rihgt" is probably not very good. Rather, feeling "riGHt" is better. Yes, you should feel riGHt, and not rihgt.